In many ways, The Beatles were pioneers - doing things that
were unheard of in the Sixties. Here are a few examples that come to mind... some tongue in cheek, of course. ;)
- The first to score the top five spots on the U.S. charts in April 1964, with an additional
seven songs elsewhere in the Top 100.
- The first to top The Beatles with record sales in 1996.
- The first to score 18 #1 albums in the U.S.
- The first to have massive pre-orders back in 1964, for "Can't Buy Me Love".
- The first to play a stadium (Shea Stadium on August 15, 1965), leading the way for
modern day stadium concerts.
- Gangsta George in 1964... all those neo-gangstas can eat their heart out:
- The first British act to make it in the U.S.
- Was John the first toyboy? After all, there is an age gap between John and
- The Beatles were responsible for the first music videos of sorts, even if they weren't
called that back then.
- The first concept album was, of course, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".
To be continued!