Are YOU a George Fan?
Love George? You might've noticed that I
do (which is why this section's here. ;))
So, do you?
Here are 43 mostly tongue-in-cheek indicators
that maybe, just maybe, you're a George fan. ;)
01. You always make sure to point out that
more songwriting than just Lennon/McCartney went on during the Beatles' career.
02. Moreover, you make it known that his songwriting was every
bit as fantastic as Lennon/McCartney, if not even more so. After all, who can doubt the brilliance of "Something"? And when
The Beatles' became available on iTunes, wasn't it "Here Comes the Sun" that was the most downloaded track?
03. You've memorized movie dialogue such as George's press conference
replies or the famous shirt scene from "A Hard Day's Night" and can recite it spontaneously.
04. You just love the way he spoke and pronounced words.
05. Whenever you see footage of him, you can't help but beam.
06. One of the proudest moments of 2009 was when George finally
got his own star on the Walk of Fame.
07. Aside from the Beatles, you're into music by e.g. Ravi Shankar,
08. You have a scrapbook dedicated solely to George.
09. You managed to wangle a "Concert for George" movie poster
from your local movie theater back in 2003.
10. George inspired you to travel to India... or at least, you're
planing to go there eventually.
11. You've delved into Indian philosophy because of George's interest
12. You wear black every November 29.
13. You celebrate George's birthday.
14. The majority of the photos you have saved on your computer's
harddrive are of George.
15. You meditate are or are planning to start.
16. You've considered learning how to play the guitar, sitar and/or
17. One day, you just have to stop by Friar Park.
18. The first thing you did when you finally got your hands on
"The Beatles Anthology" book was read all of George's quotes first.
19. One of your prized possessions is a copy of George's book
"I Me Mine".
20. There's something inexplicably attractive about dry wit, intense
eyes and lopsided grins.
21. You completely agree that "rap music is just computerized
22. When anyone has a George related question, they turn to you.
23. You've read and/or written George fan fiction.
24. When it comes to fashion, nothing tops striped pants.
25. You're a big Monty Python fan.
26. Formula 1? You're into it because of George.
27. You try to ensure that George gets more credit for being the
first to organize a big, all-star benefit concert with the Concert for Bangladesh.
28. You plan to name your future son, should you have one, George.
29. You know the words to the ending of "My Sweet Lord" and the
30. You know the words to the ending of "Brainwashed" and the
31. You plan on traveling to Rishikesh.
32. You plan on paying a visit to Blue Jay
33. At least one poster or picture of George
graces your bedroom walls.
34. You're into gardening.
35. You searched high and low through antique
stores and online for a vintage "I Love George" pin.
36. You had "George Harrison: Living in the
Material World" on pre-order from the moment its release was announced.
37. Your favorite food? Indian, of course.
38. His slide guitar playing knocks you out.
39. You model your fashion after George, Pattie
40. And should you have a second son,
his name will be Nelson.
41. Your favorite oldie is "Raunchy".
42. You feel that the whole "My Sweet Lord"/"He's
So Fine" lawsuit was utterly ridiculous.
43. No one tops George as a guitarist and
musician in your book.